Bookmas Day 2- Top Two YA Debuts of 2016

Hello readers!

It is day two of Bookmas, which means it is time to spill my top two YA debuts of this year! Sadly, since I am just  getting into the book community, I didn't know about too many of these this year, so I only have one to share with you. But, the one I did read I really enjoyed!

So, my top (and only) YA debut of 2016 is:

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton! This is a YA fantasy book that follows a girl trying to escape her hometown where she is tied down only because she is a girl. She is a great shot and one night at a shoot out in a local bar, she meets a mysterious stranger that she will soon go on an adventure through the desert with and find out who she truly is.

I know that synopsis sounds super cheesy and like every other book known to man, but I really loved this story! In the beginning it took me a couple of chapters to get in to it, but once I did I was hooked. There is some magic in this book as well which is where the fantasy elements come in which I thought was really interesting. I also really enjoyed the male character that our protagonist goes through the book with. He was really weird and wouldn't give much information about himself a lot of the time which could be annoying, but for some reason there was just something about him that made me like him anyway. In the end, I gave this book 5/5 stars.

Have you read this book? If you did, leave me a comment down below because I would love to know your thoughts!

Reading Update: I am now on page 260 of One Plus One, so there's only about 100 pages left. I hope to finish the book tonight and start on the next one tomorrow!

Happy reading and Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017