Summer TBR




Hi everyone!
I can't believe that it is already July. Where has the year gone??
As far as my TBRs and Wrap Ups go, I am going to be making some changes. Because of my busy schedule, I don't have that much time to read much more than two or three books in a month if that. So, because I usually read so few books in a month, I feel like making a TBR and Wrap Up every month is pointless. Therefore, I'm going to start posting seasonal TBRs and Wrap Ups. I think that this will be easier on me and less redundant for you to read. I will still be posting each month as much as I can though, I'll just be posting book reviews and other content as I create and write it.

So, I am going to go ahead and post my Summer TBR here even though one month of summer has already past. I will hold off on posting June's Wrap Up and include it in my Summer Wrap up at the end of August. Also, I will not be able to include pictures of the books in this TBR because I am moving on Sunday so all of my books have been packed up to move! Sorry!

Here are the books I hope to read for the remainder of the summer:

1) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
This is the sixth and final book in the Mortal Instruments series. I don't want to spoil anyone for any of the previous books, so I will not include a synopsis. 

2) Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
This is the second book in Victoria Schwab's Monsters of Verity series. In this book we get to see who August and Kate have grown up to become and the fate of Verity as tensions rise. The war they all knew was coming has finally started and the monsters are winning. But, there is a new type of monster that feeds on chaos and brings out its victim's inner demons. Will it be harder to conquer the monsters you can face or the ones inside you?
I am super intreged to see where this story goes because I just love Victoria Schwab's imagination and her writing style. Our Savage Song was one of my favorite books this year, so I am pumped to jump into the sequel!

3) Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
In the third and final book to the Lara Jean series, Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad is finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot's coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding. But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father's wedding, she can't ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through the growing pains. Now Lara Jean is the one who'll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family- and possibly the boy she loves- behind. When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one do you listen to?
I am so excited to get to finish this series because I absolutely loved the first two and I think they are the perfect summer reads! 

4) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 
Everyday is the same. Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and night. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She's even started to feel like she knows them. Jess and Jason, she calls them. Their life- as she sees it- is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost.
Until today. And then she sees something shocking. It's only a minute until the train moves on, but it's enough. Now everything's changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel goes to the police. But is she really as unreliable as they say? Soon she is deeply entangled not only in the investigation but in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good? 
I have never read a thriller before, so I am really interested to see how this goes. I have heard mostly good things about this book. I found it on a really good sale at Barnes and Noble, so I thought that this would be the perfect book to try my hand at thrillers!

5) Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip- and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar- especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory- but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.
I have yet to read a Morgan Matson book, so I figured it is time for me to finally try one out as I love contemporary romance books. I am a sucker for a good, fluffy girl book, and I'm super excited for this one! 

Tell me what you have planned to read for the summer! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017