Summer Wrap Up!

Hello everyone! I can't believe summer is already over, and we are headed into fall! It feels like just yesterday it was May and I had just finished my freshman year, but here I am sitting in my dorm room almost finished with my first month of sophomore year! Today I'm snuggling up in bed because classes have been cancelled because of the storms coming off of Hurricane Irma, and I thought it would be a great time to catch up on a couple blog posts that I've been meaning to get up!

This summer I had a bit of a slow start to my reading, but I ended up reading a total of 10 books from June through August! I am really happy with this. I'll list the books down below as well as my rating and some brief thoughts on each! Go get your own snuggly blanket and enjoy!




This book was crazy. I just don't understand how one person can come up with such an in depth world and a plot line that keeps you on the edge of your seat! Cassandra Clare is just a magical being, that is what I have decided. Overall, I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.











This was a really cute book if you just want a fluffy, girl read. I had a couple of problems with the book, but I ended up giving it a 4.5 out of 5 stars because I did enjoy the book. You can read my review here!







I finally finished the Mortal Instruments series!! Yay! I was soo happy that I finally completed this series, but it was also bittersweet because I got so attached to all the characters that it is kind of hard for me to imagine never reading about their adventures anymore. Overall, I gave this book 5 stars.









I thought this book was ADORABLE. I loved Don! This was a part of the Booktubeathon for me, which I had so much fun participating in! I ended up giving the book a 4 out of 5 stars, and you can read my review here!









This was also a Booktubeathon read for me. I really enjoyed this book. I basically am obsessed with anything that Victoria Schwab writes. I gave this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.











Again, a Booktubeathon read. I read this book in one day and literally hated it. I read it because it was a classic, and my boyfriend told me that it was a good, thought provoking book. Guess who is never listening to her boyfriend's book recommendations again?? I did think that it was thought provoking because it did make me think about what I would do in this situation, but there was not a part of this book that I enjoyed. I rated it 2 out of 5 stars.







I LOVE LARA JEAN. I absolutely love Lara Jean and her style and who she is as a person. These are just the perfect summer, girly books. I could read about Lara Jean and Peter forever and be happy, they are goals. I can not WAIT for the movie to come out!! I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars, of course!










I'm pretty sure this is one of the coolest books I have ever read. I loved the format it was written in, and I loved the Sci-Fi! This is my first Sci-Fi book, and now I am in love with it and Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars.







This book literally blew my mind. Like the science in it, and all the plot twists. I just didn't know who I was anymore. I loved this book, and I can't decide if I like this one or Illuminae more! Either way, I need the next book tomorrow. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars.











I loved this book! I thought it was a beautiful story that was wonderfully written. I fell in love with Julian and Adam. I also thought that Robin Roe did a great job of dealing with such a sensitive topic. Overall, I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.







Overall, I had a really awesome summer of reading! I really enjoyed pretty much all of the books that I read! What did you read this summer? I'd love to know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017