Fall Wrap Up


Hi, friends! I can't believe the ending of another season is already here! I haven't read a ton of books this season, but the ones that I did read, I have really enjoyed! I am excited to share the books I read this fall with you!

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
⭐⭐⭐⭐
I listened to this book on audio book, and I absolutely loved it! I have heard so much about this book for so long that I finally decided to pick it up myself, and I am so glad I did. I loved getting to see this very unique perspective on all the fairy tales we heard growing up. This story is so imaginative, and I love the world, and worlds, that Seanan McGuire brings to life in this novel. Every one of the characters is so unique and special to the story that I couldn't help but to love all of them! 

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I read this book as a part of a the book bloggers book club that began in September! This book was a beautiful, true story of two people that met at Auschwitz during World War II and fell in love. I absolutely loved reading this story of hope, courage, and love. It was beautifully written, and I am so thankful I got the chance to read this book. If you want to see me review for this book, you can check it out here!

Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is the second book in the Wayward Children series, and I thought that it was a great second book. I loved that in this book we get to follow two of the side characters from book one, Jack and Jill. I loved the spin that Seanan McGuire took on the classic rhyme "Jack and Jill". This was a very interesting back story to characters that I was very intrigued by in book one, so I loved this book! I also read this book on audio book, and Seanan McGuire actually narrated this one! I thought it was really cool to get to listen to the author read her own story, so that was an added bonus.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Y'all, I LOVED THIS BOOK!! My roommate at college loves this book, like this is her favorite book of all time, so I of course, had to read it as well. I've been wanting to read it for a long time, so this was just the push I needed to finally do it. And I am so glad I did!! This book took me FOREVER to read, but I did really enjoy it. I love Elizabeth and all of her sass, she literally gives me life. And the ENDING. I was waiting so long for that, and I literally died when it all finally came together. I legit had to get out of my bed, and I ran into the living room of my cottage at college and gushed for a good 5 minutes to two of my housemates that didn't know what I was talking about 😂 I then proceeded to run a couple laps around the living room, and then I was finally ready to go back to my room and finish the book. The build up to the final resolution just took so long to get there that when it finally got there, I just couldn't contain it. Needless to say, I gave this 5 stars. I now want to read all the books Jane Austen has written. 

Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
⭐⭐⭐⭐
I think this is my favorite book of the series so far! I loved the adventure that the characters go on in this book, and I loved the cameos we get from some past characters! I also really enjoyed the character of Cora in this book, and her representation of the struggles that overweight girls face. It is so important that we call out all of the unrealistic expectations that we have put on girls, and show the hurtful thoughts and self-esteem issues that they cause! I just respect all of the different types of representation that Seanan McGuire includes in her characters throughout this whole series. I again listened to this book on audio book through Scribd, and I really enjoyed the narration. I have loved my subscription to Scribd so far! 

Those are all of the books that I finished in the fall season! I actually finished more than I thought that I did, so that is exciting! What are some of the books that you read this fall? I'd love to hear about what you read and how you liked them in the comments! Thank you for reading! 

Comments

  1. I have actually not read P&P yet. It's definitely one of the classics that I actually want to read though. The only Jane Austen book I've read is Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely read it!! It took me a while to get through because of the older English in it, but I loved it! I am hoping to get to Jane Austen’s other books, so maybe I’ll read Persuasion soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

My Favorite Books of 2017