2017 Bookish Resolutions

Hello everyone!
This post is going up a little later than I intended, but I've been feeling a little under the weather this week so I haven't really felt like blogging. But today I'm feeling a bit better, so I thought I would share with you some goals that I have for myself this year 😊

1) Goodreads goal: 20 books
This one is just the generic Goodreads goal to start off my resolutions for the year. I have set my goal a little higher this year and challenged myself to 20 books. This doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I don't think I've ever read 20 books in one year, so I thought I would try to push myself with this goal as it goes a long with some of my other resolutions as well.

2. Be a more consistent reader
As I mentioned in my Book Blog Newbie Tag post, I am kind of a cycle reader, so I will go through periods of time where I read like crazy and then don't read at all for a couple months. This year I really hope to change this and become more consistent with my reading for this blog and so I don't burn myself so fast on books. This resolution will hopefully help me out with my Goodreads goal as well!

3. Read classics 
I feel like this is such a cliché resolution to have as a book blogger, but I really do want to read some classics. To be honest, I have read a couple classics (The Scarlet Letter, The Great Gatsby) and loved them, but I also just really love the covers of the classics at Barnes and Noble and want a reason to buy them...hehe. But really, there has to be a reason that they have become classics,so I want to expand my horizons and become a more "well read" reader.

4. Keep up to date on new releases and "popular" books
This is mostly a resolution I have because of this blog, but I also want to keep up with it because I just feel so far behind most other readers because I'm not reading the hot series right now. I want to be able to talk to you guys about books that are relevant right now and be able to let you know about books that will be coming soon that you might enjoy!

5. Find my rhythm in blogging
My final goal for 2017 is to find my "rhythm", or my style, in blogging. I am still very new to this, so I want to find my writing style this year and make my blog reflect who I am. I want to get myself on a more stable blogging schedule and personalize my blog and posts so that you guys may get a better feeling for who I am as a person.

These are all my bookish related goals and resolutions for 2017! I really hope that I can stick to them and that you enjoyed reading them! I'm hoping maybe by writing this blog post it will make me be a little more accountable to actually sticking to them. Tell me about your resolutions for the year down below! Happy reading! 😄📖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017