Fall TBR + Reading Journal Set Up


Hello, friends! I can't believe that summer has come to an end and it is already fall! If someone could just let the Georgia weather know that it is no longer summer, that would be awesome 🙈 Even if it isn't quite cold enough to break out the fall clothes yet here in Georgia, I will still be getting cozy with my fairy lights and a mug of tea to read in my room!

Also today is a super exciting because.....I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!! It's my birthday! 🎂
What better way to spend your birthday than to daydream about all the books you want to read in the coming months, am I right?? So let's get into it!

1. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (audio)

Everyone knows Daisy Jones & The Six, but nobody knows the reason behind their split at the absolute height of their popularity . . . until now.
Daisy is a girl coming of age in L.A. in the late sixties, sneaking into clubs on the Sunset Strip, sleeping with rock stars, and dreaming of singing at the Whisky a Go Go. The sex and drugs are thrilling, but it’s the rock and roll she loves most. By the time she’s twenty, her voice is getting noticed, and she has the kind of heedless beauty that makes people do crazy things.
Also getting noticed is The Six, a band led by the brooding Billy Dunne. On the eve of their first tour, his girlfriend Camila finds out she’s pregnant, and with the pressure of impending fatherhood and fame, Billy goes a little wild on the road.
Daisy and Billy cross paths when a producer realizes that the key to supercharged success is to put the two together. What happens next will become the stuff of legend.
The making of that legend is chronicled in this riveting and unforgettable novel, written as an oral history of one of the biggest bands of the seventies. Taylor Jenkins Reid is a talented writer who takes her work to a new level with Daisy Jones & The Six, brilliantly capturing a place and time in an utterly distinctive voice.



I am currently listening to Daisy Jones & The Six on audiobook, and oh my gosh it's so awesome! This is the first full cast audiobook I've listened to, and it is so cool! I love the story, and I love the characters even more. It feels like the characters are real people, and I find myself having to remind myself that this wasn't a real band or real people!


2. China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan (physical)

On the eve of her wedding to Nicholas Young, heir to one of the greatest fortunes in Asia, Rachel should be over the moon. She has a flawless Asscher-cut diamond from JAR, a wedding dress she loves more than anything found in the salons of Paris, and a fiance willing to sacrifice his entire inheritance in order to marry her. But Rachel still mourns the fact that her birthfather, a man she never knew, won't be able to walk her down the aisle. Until: a shocking revelation draws Rachel into a world of Shanghai splendor beyond anything she has ever imagined. Here we meet Carlton, a Ferrari-crashing bad boy known for Prince Harry-like antics; Colette, a celebrity girlfriend chased by fevered paparazzi; and the man Rachel has spent her entire life waiting to meet: her father. Meanwhile, Singapore's It Girl, Astrid Leong, is shocked to discover that there is a downside to having a newly minted tech billionaire husband. A romp through Asia's most exclusive clubs, auction houses, and estates, China Rich Girlfriend brings us into the elite circles of Mainland China, introducing a captivating cast of characters, and offering an inside glimpse at what it's like to be gloriously, crazily, China-rich. 

I am so excited to read this one! I read Crazy Rich Asians over the summer and absolutely loved it, so I am hoping this one will be just as fun to read! I need something just ridiculous and fun to read to relieve the stress of school!

3. Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan (physical)


This is the third and final book in the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy! I honestly haven't read the synopsis myself, so I am not going to include it here because I don't want to be spoiled! I am super excited to *hopefully* finish this trilogy this fall!


4. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (physical) 

THE WORLD IS BREAKING. AND SO ARE THEY.
KATE HARKER isn't afraid of monsters. She hunts them. And she's good at it.
AUGUST FLYNN once yearned to be human. He has a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.
THE WAR HAS BEGUN.
THE MONSTERS ARE WINNING.
Kate will have to return to Verity. August will have to let her back in. And a new monster is waiting—one that feeds on chaos and brings out its victims' inner demons.
Which will be harder to conquer: the monsters they face, or the monsters within?

I have been meaning to read this book for like two years now. I read This Savage Song a few years ago and loved it, so I've been meaning to read this book since it came out! I am determined to finally read this book this fall season and finish this series!


5. Pride by Ibi Zoboi (audio)

When the wealthy Darcy family moves in across the street, Zuri wants nothing to do with their two teenage sons, even as her older sister, Janae, starts to fall for the charming Ainsley. She especially can’t stand the judgmental and arrogant Darius. Yet as Zuri and Darius are forced to find common ground, their initial dislike shifts into an unexpected understanding.
But with four wild sisters pulling her in different directions, cute boy Warren vying for her attention, and college applications hovering on the horizon, Zuri fights to find her place in Bushwick’s changing landscape, or lose it all.
In a timely update of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, critically acclaimed author Ibi Zoboi skillfully balances cultural identity, class, and gentrification against the heady magic of first love in her vibrant reimagining of this beloved classic.

Okay, last year I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and I loved it!! I am a basic girl and love Mr. Darcy 💁 I have heard nothing but great reviews for this modern retelling, so I am excited to get to it this season as one of my audiobooks!

6. The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell (ebook)

In modern-day New York, magic is all but extinct. The remaining few who have an affinity for magic—the Mageus—live in the shadows, hiding who they are. Any Mageus who enters Manhattan becomes trapped by the Brink, a dark energy barrier that confines them to the island. Crossing it means losing their power—and often their lives.
Esta is a talented thief, and she’s been raised to steal magical artifacts from the sinister Order that created the Brink. With her innate ability to manipulate time, Esta can pilfer from the past, collecting these artifacts before the Order even realizes she’s there. And all of Esta’s training has been for one final job: traveling back to 1902 to steal an ancient book containing the secrets of the Order—and the Brink—before the Magician can destroy it and doom the Mageus to a hopeless future.
But Old New York is a dangerous world ruled by ruthless gangs and secret societies, a world where the very air crackles with magic. Nothing is as it seems, including the Magician himself. And for Esta to save her future, she may have to betray everyone in the past.

If I'm being honest, I am reading this book because Chloe from Books with Chloe on Booktube raved about this book! And honestly, now that I'm reading the synopsis, it sounds so cool! This will be the first ebook that I am going to read on my Scribd subscription, so we'll see how it goes!

7. The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys

Madrid, 1957. Under the fascist dictatorship of General Francisco Franco, Spain is hiding a dark secret. Meanwhile, tourists and foreign businessmen flood into Spain under the welcoming guise of sunshine and wine. Among them is eighteen-year-old Daniel Matheson, the son of a Texas oil tycoon, who arrives in Madrid with his parents hoping to connect with the country of his mother's birth through the lens of his camera. Photography--and fate--introduce him to Ana, whose family's interweaving obstacles reveal the lingering grasp of the Spanish Civil War--as well as chilling definitions of fortune and fear. Daniel's photographs leave him with uncomfortable questions amidst shadows of danger. He is backed into a corner of decisions to protect those he loves. Lives and hearts collide, revealing an incredibly dark side to the sunny Spanish city.

So excited for this book!!! Ruta Sepetys is one of my all time favorite authors, and I always buy her books no matter what because I know they will be amazing. I am so excited for this book not only because it's Ruta Sepetys, but I am also so interested in this part of history! I think that the Spanish setting will be so cool, and I haven't heard much about this part of history, so it should be interesting! 


Fall Reading Journal 

Y'all, I am loving my reading journal! It is so fun to get to update it every day and see how much I am reading! I am so glad that I finally took the time to make it, and I am excited to continue to use it this fall! 

First I made a spread for my seasonal TBR, and a page to list the books that I end up reading this season. I am going to keep this general color scheme/theme throughout the months within this season! This didn't turn out exactly like what I had in my mind, but it did still turn out pretty cute! 

Second I made my September spreads. I decided to keep my TBRs seasonal, but I am going to make a spread for each month to track my reading and my blog posts that I want to post that month. I think that this system will work the best for my reading right now since I can't read a ton during school. I think that these pages turned out really cute, and I am really happy with them! These are my favorite pages of my reading journal so far :) 

Let's Chat
What's on your TBR this fall? Have you read any of the books that I mentioned? I am so pumped for some cooler weather and reading time!! Let me know what is on your TBR and if we are planning on reading any of the same books! 

Do you have a reading journal? I would love to hear about the spreads that you like to have in your journal or see any pictures that you would like to share! Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017