Spring TBR

Hi, Friends! I am so sorry that I have been MIA for a month, but school just got a little crazy! I had to take a break from the blog for a few weeks until I could catch my breath again, but I am back now and hopefully good to go for the rest of the school year! Since I got so behind on posts, I am just going to start fresh with a Spring TBR since we just hopped into spring a week ago!

The spring includes the months of March, April, and May. I'm hoping to read the following books this season:

1) Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
This is the second book in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. This book follows Scarlet, a girl who is searching for her grandmother who has been missing. She meets a street fighter named Wolf who may  have information as to where her grandmother is, and the two team up to find her grandmother. Meanwhile, Cinder is trying to escape prison. Scarlet and Wolf cross paths with Cinder and now they all have to try to stay one step ahead of the evil Queen Levana. 

I actually already finished this book in mid-March, and thought it was a really solid sequel! I gave it 3.5 stars.

2) Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So Hard by Jennie Allen 
All too many of us struggle under the weight of life, convinced we need to work harder to prove to ourselves, to others, and to God that we are good enough, smart enough, and spiritual enough to do the things we believe we should.
Author and Bible teacher Jennie Allen invites us into a different experience, one in which our souls overflow with contentment and joy. In Nothing to Prove she calls us to...

* Find freedom from self-induced pressure by admitting we're not enough--but Jesus is. 
* Admit our greatest needs and watch them be filled by the only One who can meet them. 
* Make it our goal to know and love Jesus, then watch what He does in and through us.

As you wade into the refreshing truth of the more-than-enough life Jesus offers, you'll experience the joyous freedom that comes to those who are determined to discover what God can do through a soul completely in love with Him.

I am currently reading this book. I was given this book to read by a friend after we were talking one day about all the pressures and expectations that college can put on you as a person. There is no way to do college all alone. We have to accept that everything will not get done perfectly, and we need Jesus to help us and to be there to lean on when we need rest. I am not super far into this one yet, but I am excited to see what Jennie Allen has to say! 

3) Cress by Marissa Meyer 
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

I am making my way through the Lunar Chronicles slowly, but surely! I really want to finish this series by the end of summer, if not the spring! I for sure plan on reading this book and the novela about Queen Levana this season! 

4) Fairest by Marissa Meyer 
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

I am super excited to get to read Levana's story! I think this will add a really interesting element to the story as a whole because we can finally understand some of Levana's motives behind why she acts the way that she does!


I am super excited for the books that are on my TBR this season! I may end up reading more than is on this list since I will be finishing school for the semester in early May, but I will just read more of the Lunar Chronicles if I can! I'll let you know how the season goes in my wrap up at the end of May.

What are you reading this season? I would love to talk about it in the comments below! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017