Reading Rush 2019 Wrap Up


Hi, friends! I have had so much fun the past week participating in the Reading Rush! I have participated in the Reading Rush (formerly Booktubeathon) for 3 years now, and this year was by far the most fun I've had. I loved the new website, participating more on Twitter, and all the books that I read!

I feel super accomplished this year, as I did pretty well! I didn't put too much pressure on myself, I just read as much as I could while still enjoying myself. Overall, I think I did pretty well considering that I worked two days this week and did some wedding planning stuff this weekend!

Here are my final stats:
(images are from my profile on the Reading Rush website. They did an awesome job designing!)

Total Books Read: 3.75

  • Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 7-9 by Hiromu Arakawa
  • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan 
  • The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas 
  • (Most of) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
    • At midnight last night I only had 65 pages of this book left- so close! 
Total Pages Read: 1,820

Total Badges Earned: 11 
  • 2019 Reader 
  • Read a book with purple on the cover: Fullmetal Alchemist 
  • Read a book in the same spot: Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Read a 5 star book: Crazy Rich Asians and The Hate U Give
  • Read a book you meant to read last year: Crazy Rich Asians 
  • Read a book with a non-human main character: Fullmetal Alchemist 
  • Read an author's first book: The Hate U Give 
  • Read over 1000 pages 
  • Read and watch a book to movie adaptation: Crazy Rich Asians 
  • Participated in a Twitter sprint 
  • Go to a read-in: I went to Ariel and Raeleen's read-in on the Reading Rush Instagram!

I was so close to completing all 7 challenges this week, but I just couldn't get those last 65 pages of Aristotle and Dante finished before midnight. I am still super pleased with how well I did this week though! I had so much fun participating in all the activities, and I loved the books that I read! I read and earned way more badges than I thought I was going to, so I count it as a success. 

Did you participate in the Reading Rush this past week? If you did, tell me how it went and what your favorite book of the week was! I think my favorite was Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. It was just such a fun read, and I really liked the movie! Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017