The Reading Rush TBR!


Hello, friends! Long time, no see! I have not been very active on my blog or on Twitter because school is just crazy, and I can never keep up during the school year. I know that it has been like half the summer by now, but I just felt like I really needed this break. I have just been enjoying the time to relax and read!

BUT, I am super excited to finally be writing a blog post again! I have decided to participate in The Reading Rush this year, formally known as Booktubeathon. I am so excited that they have rebranded to include even more of the bookish community, so we can all come together and participate! The Reading Rush will be happening July 22 at midnight in your timezone through July 28! There are Youtube video challenges if you have a channel, Bookstagram challenges if you have Instagram, and lots of fun reading sprints over on their Twitter! You can follow them @TheReadingRush and join in on the fun! 

ALSO, they have created a really cool website this year where you can earn badges for the challenges you complete, talk to other readers on the forums, keep up with your stats, etc!! It is super cool, so I would recommend making an account for the week :D

Okay, now that I have talked forever, let's get into the challenges and my TBR! I have a couple options for some of  the challenges because I went to the library to get books for part of my TBR and could not decide what I wanted haha. I am also using some of the books for multiple challenges because I just know myself, I know I can't read 7 books in a week!



1.  Read a book with purple on the cover 
  • For this challenge I plan to read Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 7-9 by Hiromu Arakawa
  • This is a bind up edition of volumes 7-9, and I have really been enjoying this manga! I was super excited when I went to buy this bind up and saw the cover was almost completely purple- perfect timing! 
2. Read a book you meant to read last year
  • I plan to read Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan 
  • I have been wanting to read this book for forever, and I got the whole series for Christmas last year. I have been meaning to read it ever since I got the books, so it is finally going to happen this week! 
3. An author's first book 
  • This one has a couple of options: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas or The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
  • I couldn't decide which one I wanted today in the library, so I just got both to have my options! I will end up reading both of them before I return the books, I'm just not sure which I will read during the readathon. The Queen of the Tearling could also be used for a second challenge, so I might end up going with that one! 
4. Read a book with non-human main character(s)
  • I will be reading Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 7-9 by Hiromu Arakawa for this challenge as well! 
  • One of the Elric brothers, Alphonse, lost his physical body in an alchemy accident, so he is now a suit of armor until they can figure out a way to get their original bodies back. 
5. Read a book with 5 or more words in the title 
  • I have a couple of options for this one: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz or The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen 
  • I have been wanting to read Aristotle and Dante for literal ages now, so I'll probably end up going with that one. I will just have to see what I'm in the mood for when I get there! 
6. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation 
  • I will be reading and watching Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan for this challenge as well!
  •  I have wanted to see this movie for so long, but I am determined to read the book before I do! This is the perfect challenge for me to finally check this off my list!
7. Read a book in the same spot the whole time
  • Officially I am planning to read Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa for this challenge as well. However, I basically do all of my reading in the same spot on my bed with my back rest, so I will probably read all of my books in the same spot! 
The customary read 7 books in one week challenge is not a challenge this year, as it was super stressful to many people. However, you can still earn an extra badge on the website if you read 7 books! I personally will not be trying for that, as I know there is just no way I can read that much because I am such a slow reader. 

That is my official Reading Rush 2019 TBR! I am sooo excited for this readathon next week, I think I am really going to enjoy all the books on my TBR! I will be writing a readathon wrap up to let you know what books I end up completing, my total page count, etc after the readathon is over. So, make sure you check back for that! 

Are you planning to participate in the Reading Rush this year? If you are, let me know in the comments what books you are thinking about reading! Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017