Reading Rush Check In


Hi, friends! We are officially (a bit over) halfway through the Reading Rush for 2019! What a fun time it has been so far. I wanted to check in with you guys about how my reading is going thus far, what badges I've earned, how many books I've completed, etc. I am actually really happy with my progress as I did have to work all day on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so I think I've done well all things considered!

This picture is my little nod to today's booktube video challenge to show off your book nook. This is the spot that I have done the vast majority of my reading this week as well as just always. I love my Pride and Prejudice pillow, my back rest, and my (not in the picture) pink bedside lamp from Target!

Okay, onward to what I have read!

Here are my stats so far:
  • Number of books read: 2 
    • Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 7-9 by Hiromu Arakawa
    • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
  • Badges earned: 8 
    • 2019 Reading Rush reader 
    • Read a book with purple on the cover- Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Read a book in the same spot the whole time- Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Read a five star book- Crazy Rich Asians 
    • Read a book you meant to read last year- Crazy Rich Asians 
    • Read a book with a non-human main character- Fullmetal Alchemist 
    • Read over 1000 pages 
    • Participate in a Twitter sprint 
  • Total pages read so far: 1,081

I have had so much fun participating in the Reading Rush this week so far! I have actually participated more in the Twitter sprints this year, and they are so fun!! I am glad that this week has ended up being pretty laid back other than working two days, so I am able to devote more time to reading than last year. 

I am hoping to watch Crazy Rich Asians tomorrow afternoon to complete the challenge to read and watch a book to movie adaptation which will put me up to 5 challenges completed! I think my next read will be The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas to complete the read an author's first book challenge. Wish me luck on the rest of the week! Happy reading! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017