Fall Wrap Up

Hi guys! I'm so sorry that I'm the worst and this is so late! School and finals always consume me, and i can't ever seem to make time for things I actually want to do. I hope to get better about that in the new year, but for now here is my super late fall wrap up!

This season I:

  • Read 3 books 
  • Read a total of 1,150 pages 
  • Had one 5 star book 
Overall I thought this was a pretty good season for reading considering I was in school the whole time. I had two books that I really enjoyed, so I would consider this season a success! 

The books I read this season were: 

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer 


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

I really enjoyed this book, I thought it was so creative! I loved that it was a Cinderella retelling, but it was so much its own story. I also really loved Cinder and Prince Kai. Cinder was such a cool character, and I really felt for her and her situation. Prince Kai was just so sweet and adorable that you couldn't help but love him! I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars, and can not wait to read the next book in the series! 

2. Everything All At Once by Katrina Leno
*Photo from Goodreads because I am currently letting a friend borrow my copy*
Lottie Reeves has always struggled with anxiety, and when her beloved Aunt Helen dies, Lottie begins to fear that her own unexpected death might be waiting around every corner.
Aunt Helen wasn’t a typical aunt. She was the author of the best–selling Alvin Hatter series, about siblings who discover the elixir of immortality. Her writing inspired a generation of readers. 
In her will, she leaves one last writing project—just for Lottie. It’s a series of letters, each containing mysterious instructions designed to push Lottie out of her comfort zone. Soon, Lottie’s trying some writing of her own, leaping off cliffs, and even falling for a boy she’s only just met. Then the letters reveal an extraordinary secret about the inspiration for the Alvin Hatter series. Lottie finds herself faced with an impossible choice, one that will force her to confront her greatest fear once and for all.

I LOVED this book! I really related to the characters, and I loved the story and how it was told. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars. You can read my full review here

3. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning. She knows it will wait at the same signal each time, overlooking a row of back gardens. She's even started to feel like she knows the people who live in one of the houses. 'Jess and Jason', she calls them. Their life - as she sees it - is perfect. If only Rachel could be that happy. And then she sees something shocking. It's only a minute until the train moves on, but it's enough. Now everything's changed. Now Rachel has a chance to become a part of the lives she's only watched from afar. Now they'll see; she's much more than just the girl on the train...

This book was just okay in my opinion. It was my first thriller, and I wasn't overly impressed. I think maybe I'm just not a big thriller person, and I may enjoy more mystery books rather than thrillers if I am in the mood for a more mysterious book. I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars, and my full review is on its way soon! I will link my review to this post when I publish it! 


That was my fall season wrapped up in books! Overall I was really happy with the books that I read this season. What are some of the books you read this fall? Were there any that you just loved that you think I should read? Leave me a comment down below and let me know! Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

Reading Rush Check In