All About Reading Tag


Hi friends! Today I'm going to be doing the All About Reading Tag which I found through the blog, The Left Handed Reader! Thanks to her for opening this tag up for anyone to do! I'm excited to do a tag because I think it will be fun to answer some questions for you all to get to know me a little better!

1) What do you look for the most when you pick up a book?
a.) a beautiful writing style; b.) a character driven story; c.) a plot driven story 

When I'm reading a book, my biggest things I'm looking for are characters that I can connect with and a strong plot. A lot of times, I get bored with books that don't have a strong plot. I want lots of stuff happening and lots of action! Although, if I don't care about the characters that all of this is happening to, then I don't really enjoy the book either.

2) What are your pet peeves in books?

I HATE CLIFF HANGERS. They make me so angry, like I just spent all this time reading this book just to be left with no resolution!!! To be fair, if I have the next book readily available then I am all for a cliff hanger, but if the next book is like a year away from releasing....plz don't do that to me.

3) If you could print one quote on your wall, which would it be? 

This is so hard! I actually have a note on my phone where I write down books quotes that I love, so let me go consult that and I'll be right back.

Okay, I think the quote I would put on my wall is this one:
"It is as great a thing to love as it is to be loved. Love is not something that can be wasted."
-Jem, Clockwork Angel
I love this quote! I think it is so beautiful, and I would love to have it on my wall as a reminder that even if people don't love me back, it is not a wasted effort to love them anyway. Love and kindness are things that this world is starved for, and it is always a wonderful thing to spread if you can.

4) Which genre would you like to explore more?

I would really like to read more science-fiction and classics! I know that sounds like a really weird combination, but I have read a couple YA sci-fi books that I have loved, so I would like to read more! I also have just always wanted to read more classics, and I am actually reading Pride and Prejudice right now, and so far it is hilarious! I love the Bennetts!

5) Was there ever a movie adaptation you liked better than the book? 

This is very rare for me, but I actually really enjoyed the movie adaptation of the BFG! The movie just made it so magical, and I thought it was really well done. I would probably re-watch the movie before I reread the book, so I would say that counts as liking the movie better!

Also, I didn't like the movie more per say, but To All the Boys I Loved Before movie was SO GOOD!! I just love that series, so when the movie came out I was PUMPED. And it was AMAZING. I already feel like I need to watch it again ❤

6) If one of your favorite books would be adapted or get a new adaptation, which book would it be and what role would you like to play?

I would love for the Lunar Chronicles series to be adapted into a movie series! I think it would be so fun! If I could be a character, I would want to be Scarlet because lets be real, she is epic. I love how spunky and sure of herself that she is, and how she doesn't take anybody's crap. I don't look anything like her, I mean it could be done with a little movie magic, right??

7) A hyped book you wouldn't recommend at all? 

The Girl on the Train! I remember hearing so much about this book and how good it was, so I was excited to read it and then watch the movie. But no, it was a complete fail for me. I didn't enjoy this book very much at all, and I definitely never got around to watching the movie. If you enjoyed this book, I am sorry for the bad review, but I would not recommend it!

8) A book that highly influenced your life and way of thinking? 

I wouldn't say that it influenced my way of thinking, but the Twilight series got be back into reading in late middle school! I know, I know, Twilight is not a popular answer anymore, but it really did spark my love for reading again! I had always loved reading when I was younger, but fell out of the habit until I found Twilight. I got the first book at my local K-Mart, and I was hooked! I marathoned the whole series in like a month and a half, and I was OBSESSED with getting to K-Mart as soon as possible to get the next book. It was a really fun experience to be so engaged with a series, and I am so glad that I found them!

9) Are you a fan of rereading books? Do you do it often? 

I am not a big rereader. I don't think that it is a bad thing, I just tend to read so slow that it is not very realistic for me. I have so many other books that I want to read and I read so slow, that I pretty much need to just focus on the next book on the TBR!

10) Which book title could easily be the title of your life? 

For sure would be these:

  • Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
    •  I just daydream all the time and think of what my future might be like! I also am just weird, I am always confusing people with my love of old things and quirks!
  • Everything All at Once by Katrina Leno
    • A lot of times it feels like my life is just calm for a while and then all of a sudden a million things will come at me, and I get really overwhelmed.
  • Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
    • I really think that listening to people and what they have to say is one of the most important things we need to do in life! You never know what you're going to learn. Also, music is really important to me, so I am always playing something. 
11) Which book should be required reading for everyone? 

I am going to go with Everything All at Once by Katrina Leno. This book came to me at the most perfect time in my life when I was going through the unexpected loss of my grandfather. This book helped me so much in seeing what grieving can look like, that it is okay, that everyone does it differently, and that you can still love the person you lost while also still living your life and being happy. I think everyone should read this book to learn more about losing the people we love and learning how to deal with those things. 

12) Who do you tag? 
As I am doing this tag because I found the post on Lefty Read's blog because she tagged whoever wanted to do it, I will do the same! If you want to do this tag, then I tag you! Please let me know if you do it, I would love to come read your post! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017