Booktubeathon Wrap Up


Hi, friends! I have had a great week participating in the Booktubeathon this year! It has been a crazy week as I moved into college on Sunday, but I still got a fair amount of reading done. I entered the world of audiobooks this week, and I found that I love them! Below I have a collage of pictures for each day of the week showing what I did that day. I'll also list my wrap up at the end. I hope you enjoy it! 

Day 1: If it wasn't for audiobooks, day 1 of Booktubeathon would have been a complete fail. But, I listened to my audiobook for a lot of the day, so that helped a lot! I also spent most of my afternoon with my boyfriend working on a project. We stained a bookshelf my Granddad made last weekend, and we finally moved it and his whole record collection into my room yesterday! Music was always our thing, so when he passed away last year he left me his records. They are finally with me now, and I am so happy! 

Day 2: This has been a sleepy day around the house. It's overcast and raining outside, which is wonderful snuggle up and read weather, but it also makes me so sleepy! The struggles. Please enjoy this collage of me with my book in various parts of my house with various blankets. That has basically been my day- read in bed, move to the recliner, cook some dinner, read in bed some more. I would say that's a pretty perfect day 😊

Day 3: Today my mom had to have surgery, so I spent most of my day at the hospital with her. She did great, and we actually got to come home tonight as long as she takes it easy! So I got some reading done at the hospital throughout the day as I was waiting, and she was recovering. I am finally half way through Watership Down!! It is a very slow moving book, so it probably wasn't the best choice for a readathon, but we are committed now. And, I finished my first book of the Booktubeathon today!!  I finished my audiobook, The Lucky One, tonight after we got home from the hospital. I also decorated my binder for school while listening, so that was a fun little craft project as well!

Day 4: I've spent most of this day in bed reading because I was determined to finally finish Watership Down today! I finally just sat in bed and refused to move until I finished the book, and I FINALLY finished it!! I enjoyed it, but the plot was a bit slow moving for me. So far I have finished 2 challenges- the coin toss and read a book with green on the cover. I hope to watch the movie of The Lucky One tomorrow and complete that challenge!

Day 5: Today I started my second audiobook, Clockwork Angel, and I have done nothing but listen to it today! I had a fair amount of errands I had to run this afternoon, so I listened to it in the car. I also listened to it while I began packing for college ( I move on Sunday), and I listened to it while I took a bath and did some face masks! I ended up listening to 32% of the audiobook which equals to 167 pages! I also watched The Lucky One this afternoon with mom, so that is my third challenge done for the week! 

Day 6: I started out this morning relaxing in bed, listening to my audiobook, and following along in my physical copy. I really enjoyed doing this. I then worked on a blog post, and then spent the remainder of the day packing for college. I move in tomorrow!! I can't believe summer is almost over, where did the time go??

Day 7: Today was move in day, so I didn't really read much at all. All I ended up being able to read was a couple chapters in my audiobook which equaled 94 pages, but I still think that was pretty decent! I don't really have any reading pictures for today, but please enjoy these pictures of my part of the dorm room! It still needs a little decoration, but I am happy with how it turned out! 
P.S. can we please appreciate how big my closet is this year?? 

Wrap Up: 
Overall I didn't read as much as I would have liked this week, but I am still happy with the progress I made! I was 3 chapters shy of finishing 3 books, so I did okay this week. 


My final tally is: 
  • Number of books read: 2.8 
  • Number of challenges completed: 4 (almost) 
    • Coin toss- Watership Down 
    • A book with green on the cover: Watership Down 
    • Book to movie adaptation: The Lucky One 
    • A book with a beautiful spine: Clockwork Angel ( mostly finished) 
  • Number of pages read: 1,307
I am actually surprised at the number of pages I read, I didn't think I read that much! Audiobooks definitely saved this Booktubeathon for me! I only wish that I could have read more physically, but there is always next year!

If you participated in Booktubeathon, how did it go for you? Are there any other readathons you have/are participating in this summer? I would love to hear about it in the comments. Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017