How I Organize My Goodreads Shelves


Hi, friends! As readers, a lot of us utilize Goodreads as a platform for finding new books, reviewing, and updating our progress. Although it's a great resource sometimes, the shelves can get super cluttered  and overwhelming! I have created three new shelves for myself to help get more organized, so I thought I would hop on here and explain how I organize my Goodreads shelves. If you would like to follow me on Goodreads, the link to my page is in the connect page of my blog!

First, I made a shelf for my physical TBR, "Books I Own and Need to Read"- very imaginative, I know. This way I can better keep up with what books I own and still need to read. This has been really helpful to me in actually knowing what I have, and I am able to track my goal of eliminating my physical TBR!


Next, I have my "Interested" shelf. These are books that I find on Goodreads that I am interested in the story, but I'm not dying to get my hands on them right this second. I like having this shelf better than my "Want to Read" shelf that comes with Goodreads because I try to be more mindful of what I put on this shelf. My want to read shelf is just haphazard, any book I find that I think I might like. The interested shelf is for books that I specifically want to come back and look at in the future.


Finally, my "Wishlist" shelf is exactly what is sounds like- these are the books I am super interested in and would want for birthday or Christmas presents. I am really picky about what goes on this shelf, so it is more of a curated list of books that I really want. This is a very helpful shelf for when I am with family members that are asking what I want for my birthday or Christmas, and I conveniently forget every book that has ever been published....because I do that a lot.


Of course I have my read and currently reading shelves as well, but we all know how those work.

I hope this has been helpful and maybe you got a couple ideas for shelves if you are looking into reorganizing your Goodreads!
What shelves do you use on Goodreads? Let's talk in the comments! Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017