Bookmas TBR

Hello readers!

This year as I begin my blogging journey, I thought a fun way to populate the beginnings of the blog would be through participating in Hailey in Bookland's 12 Days of Christmas event, #Bookmas! This is a readathon that begins tomorrow, December 13, and there are also video/blog post topics to go along with each day. I am going to try to participate in as many days as I can, beginning with my TBR for this readathon!


My TBR for this Bookmas is:

~ One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I am already 150 pages into this book, so I will be finishing it at the beginning of the readathon.
         One Plus One is an adult fiction novel about a single mother struggling to get by with her two children. Her daughter, Tanzie, is a math-whiz and needs to be taken to a Maths Olympiad in order to win enough money to go to the private school that will give her a better education. One problem: Her mother has no money and no way to get her there until a tech millionaire finds the family stranded on the side of the road and offers to drive them himself.
So far I am really enjoying this book, it is a lighter book that is very easy to read. I hope to finish it soon and hopefully write a review of my thoughts!

~I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
        I'll Give You the Sun is a YA novel that took the reading community by storm a while ago, and I have still yet to read this book! It is about a set of twins, Jude and Noah, that become very distant from each other after each of them have gone through different life changing events. However, if the twins would reconnect they could find that together they could both rebuild their world.
The book is told in dual perspective, first by Noah then by Jude, which I find very intriguing. I am very excited to finally jump on the band wagon with this novel and see if I like it as much as everyone else!

~The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
       The Nightingale is a historical fiction novel written about two sisters coming of age in World War II France, and their struggle to survive.
I love historical fiction in general, but the relationship of the two sisters in this book definitely sparks my interest. We will see how I like it!

~City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
       City of Fallen Angels is the fourth book in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. I will not put a synopsis of any kind as I do not want to spoil you if you have not read the books yet. This series is my first venture into fantasy, and I have been trying to read the books at a steady pace. That worked until college came, and my entire life felt crazy! I hope to get to this book during this readathon, or in December in general, to get me back on track in the series!

That is it for my #Bookmas TBR! It may seem small to some, but I would classify myself as a slow reader, so I don't want to overwhelm myself with books while I am trying to enjoy the holidays. If you want to participate in Bookmas, go to Hailey's channel linked above and watch her Bookmas video for all the details! If you are already participating this year, I would love to know your TBR as well! Happy reading and Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017