One Plus One Review

 

Author: Jojo Moyes
Pages: 368
Publisher: Penguin Books
Rating: ☆☆☆

Synopsis
Jess is having a hard time. Her husband has left her and her math-whiz daughter and goth stepson all alone with no help. As they struggle through her daughter, Tanzie, gets an opportunity to participate in a Math Olympiad that could change her life forever. However, Jess has no way of getting there until they are saved my Ed, the tech millionaire that Jess cleans for, in his first selfless act in a very long time. Ed takes on this dysfunctional family before he knows what he is  getting into, but long road trips to Scotland tend to have an effect on the way you learn to love people.

My Review
I gave this book a 3.5/5 star rating, however I rounded it to 3 stars one good reads and on here since you can't give half stars. I thought this book was a nice story, and I did enjoy it. But, it did not completely blow me away which is why I gave it only 3.5. In my opinion the story was a little slow, and I wasn't always completely pulled into the story. It wasn't a story that made me want to keep reading or think about it when I had to leave it. Not to say that I didn't enjoy this book, I would still recommend this book to someone looking for an easy, don't have to think too much love story.

If you have read this book, tell me what you thought in the comments below! Happy reading and Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Fall Wrap Up

My Favorite Books of 2017